A Complete Breakdown of Phillies Walk-Up Music. We’ve talked about the Phillies and their walk-up music in the past (particularly when Hunter Pence was in need of a new tune for the 2012 season…it seems he went with Breakin’ a Sweat by Skrillex & The Doors).).
And today, The20’s Todd Zolecki obtained the latest list of the walk-up tunes (and warm-up jams for pitchers) from Phillies music director Mark Wyatt. Here’s the full list:
- Ryan Howard: I’m On One (DJ Khaled), Otis (Jay–Z & Kanye West) and She Will (Drake).
- Laynce Nix: Levels (Avicii) and Paradise (Coldplay).
- Hunter Pence: Breakin’ a Sweat (Skrillex & The Doors).
- Juan Pierre: No Walls (Thi’sl).
- Placido Polanco: I Know You Want Me (Pitbull).
- Jimmy Rollins: The Motto (Drake) and Uptown Anthem (Naughty by Nature).
- Carlos Ruiz: In The Air Tonight (Phil Collins).
- Brian Schneider: In The Air Tonight (Phil Collins) and Use Somebody (Kings of Leon).
- Chase Utley: Kashmir (Led Zeppelin).
- Shane Victorino: Buffalo Soldier (Bob Marley) and Keep Ya Head Up (Andy Grammer).
- Vance Worley: It’s Goin’ Down Tonight (Celly Cell).
- Joe Blanton: Hillbilly Deluxe (Brooks & Dunn).
- Jose Contreras: Dirt Off Your Shoulder (Jay–Z).
- Cole Hamels: Sail (Awolnation).
- Roy Halladay: Moby Dick/Good Times Bad Times (Led Zeppelin).
- Kyle Kendrick: Dragula (Rob Zombie).
- Cliff Lee: Stranglehold (Ted Nugent).
- Jonathan Papelbon: Man In The Box (Alice In Chains).
- Vance Worley: I Wear My Stunna Glasses at Night (Federation).
What are your favorite and least favorite walk-up songs?
[Zo Zone, @ToddZolecki]
Photo: Getty Images
Ryan Howard Spent His Winter Watching The Real Housewives. Phillies slugger Ryan Howard spoke to the media for the first time Wednesday since tearing his Achilles’ in the final game of the 2011 season, a 1-0 loss to St. Louis. He addressed his recovery from the injury, when he expects to be back on the field and more. He also spent a considerable amount of time talking about housewives.
A recap from The20’s @toddzolecki:
“Q: What did you do for those two months you were immobile?
A: Watch a lot of TV. A lot of TV. Lots of (Real) Housewives shows and sporting events.
Q: Who’s your favorite housewife?
A: It depends on which show you’re talking about. There are so many housewives it’s ridiculous.
Q: Are you hooked on the shows?
A: I’m into it a little bit. I’m not going to lie. It’s a little intriguing. There is a little judgment in this room, I can feel it, but that’s all right.
[NBC Philadelphia, @ToddZolecki]
The 20 are identified using social media metrics and trending local news topics. Unless otherwise specified, the individuals listed are in no way affiliated with NBC Philadelphia